Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Point of View About Industrial Food Systems


In this blog I will discuss what I learned from our English 101 class. During class, the books we read, which were The CAFO Reader by Daniel Imhoff and Slaughterhouse by Gail Eisnitz  were very informative and taught us a lot about industrial farming systems. These books explain to us the extent to which how unhealthy the meat that is produced by industrial farms is in America.
This semester, I have learned a lot about industrial farming systems that I didn’t know before. I was never fond of the concept of industrial farming, but I have even more unpleasant opinions on the concept after taking this class. Before I didn’t know that our domesticated animals regularly ingest antibiotics. This is really bad because it disrupts the digestive systems of the animals. Furthermore, the animals in industrial farms are given very unhealthy diets as they are fed manure, urine, dust, and the remnants of other dead animals. Not only is this detrimental for the health of the animals, but it affects the health of humans who later consume those animals as well. Due to such mistreatment, Americans are suffering many diseases today, as a result of eating animals that weren’t taken care of well. Reading Imhoff’s and Eisnitz’s books made me realize how dangerous it actually is to consume the meat produced by industrial farms. In addition, it makes me sad to know how much workers in industrial farming systems suffer, as well as the animals.
All the things made me changed my mind to eat fast food, and I just say everybody to concern your food what you eat every day. After all, healthy food is allows people to live healthy lives 

No comments:

Post a Comment